The February playlist is here! Ft. new tunes from Foals, Beirut, Jenny Lewis, Vampire Weekend and more. 🎶Have a listen below.
Here's the highlights:
Foals announced they will have two new albums out this year!
“Laws of the Universe” is one of my favorite tunes off of Toro Y Moi’s new album. The line about James Murphy playing at his house is great. If you know… you know.
Vampire Weekend released two new songs last week. Their first singles in 6 years!
Beirut’s new album Gallipoli is out today!
The November playlist is here! Ft. new tunes from Toro y Moi, Steve Gunn, Beirut, Little Dragon and more. 🎶Have a listen below.
Here's the highlights:
Toro y Moi dropped a new single and announced a new album Outer Peace set for a January release.
Cat power is finally back!”
“Mono” by Zero 7 is on my heavy rotation right now.
Beirut is back with new tunes!
Today marks 2 years of my monthly playlists! Here's one for hot summer days and warm summer nights.
Here's some highlights from the July playlist:
- Bonobo has more new music!? And they announced another Los Angeles show in September. I don't know if I can justify seeing him 4 times in 1 year though... haha.
- I'm ready to dance my ass off to Motor City Drum Ensemble at Panorama later this month. I'm all about percussion-heavy dance music, but we'll see how well I hold up in New York summer humidity.
- Phoenix's new album is out! Let me just say, ti amo, Ti Amo.
- Cage the Elephant covered "Whole Wide World" by Wreckless Eric. This song always reminds me of this scene from Stranger Than Fiction (one of my favorite movies).
Have a happy 4th of July!
Coachella Weekend 1. Whoa. You're so much better than weekend 2 it's crazy! (heat-wise that is). 75-90 degree weather, you were wonderful. Thanks for that.
Jack White killed it. So fucking good. 🙌 He dedicated his show to the transgender community, and reminded us that music is sacred and we should spend time to be thankful for that every day. 100%.
Below is his setlist from that night. I basically got to see The White Stripes (sorry Meg, you're not really needed), and he even played a Raconteurs song. I was waiting for some Dead Weather to show up in the mix too, but that didn't happen.
- Icky Thump
- High Ball Stepper
- Hotel Yorba (White Stripes)
- Temporary Ground
- Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground (White Stripes)
- Cannon (White Stripes)
- Just One Drink
- Love Interruption
- We're Going to Be Friends (White Stripes)
- I've Been Loving You Too Long (Cover)
- Weep Themselves to Sleep
- Hello Operator (White Stripes)
- Steady As She Goes (Raconteurs)
- I'm Slowly Turning Into You (White Stripes)
- Ball and Biscuit (White Stripes)
- Sixteen Saltines
- That Black Bat Licorice
- Would You Fight for My Love?
- Seven Nation Army (White Stripes)
So obviously Jack White was my favorite, but we did see a ton of other awesome artists as well. We saw 24 shows in total. Wow. That's a lot for one weekend, and it's probably why my body is angry at me and I'm sick at the moment.
Friday // Sylvan Esso (amazing set), The War on Drugs, Alabama Shakes, Interpol, Todd Terje and the Olsens, Tame Impala, and AC/DC.
Saturday // Jamestown Revival, St. Paul and the Broken Bones, Toro y Moi, Jungle, Yelle, Glass Animals, alt-J, Jack White, and the Weeknd.
Sunday // Mac DeMarco, RAC, St. Lucia, Jenny Lewis (she played some Rilo Kiley!), Kaskade, St. Vincent, Fitz & the Tantrums, and Drake.
I basically got to see two bands last weekend who were broken up and I never thought I'd get to see: The White Stripes and Rilo Kiley. To be honest, there were a couple moments where I almost cried. So, so happy.
We stayed in a condo at a country club this time around, which is crazy different than the car camping experiences I've had in the past. My first Coachella experience was 110 degree weather, a forgotten EZ-Up, and no showers. Let's just say it was interesting.
The house was nice; it almost made it feel like a lazy weekend when it wasn't at all.
All this music, warm weather and good times with friends is getting me excited about Sasquatch! Which is a month away! Hello road trip to Washington to see Hot Chip, Spoon, Little Dragon, and James Blake. 4 of my all time favorites! You can see the full lineup here. I have a feeling it's going to be even better than Coachella.