The October playlist is here! Ft. new tunes from Babe Rainbow, DeVotchKa, Broken Bells, STRFKR and more. 🎶Have a listen below. (PS! Fun fact brought to you from this month's artwork: this image was originally from a toothpaste ad to prevent "morning breath" back in the day!)
Here's the highlights:
Foals next album, Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost - Part 2, comes out October 18!
I discovered a rad new artist named Goth Babe via music recommendation on Instagram stories a couple weeks back. He writes and records his music in the back of a camper on the California/Oregon coast using solar power. How cool is that?!
Spoon released a rare track titled “Shake it Off”, originally recorded circa A Series Of Sneaks, and it is definitely not to be confused with T-Swift.
And finally, Broken Bells is back with a new single as they continue to tease a new album!
The July playlist is here! Ft. new tunes from Spoon, Hot Chip, Sleater-Kinney, Temples and more. 🎶Have a listen below.
Here's the highlights:
Spoon is back! I repeat, Spoon is back! In terms of new music though it’s just this one single for now. Everything Hits at Once, their first compilation album, is out July 26.
A new Michael Kiwanuka track dropped featuring Tom Misch – a collaboration I didn’t know I needed in my life until now.
Devendra Banhart announced a new album: Ma out September 13
As you’ve probably heard me go on and on about by now, Hot Chip released a new album late last month! I’m pretty positive that “Positive” is one of my favorite tracks off of A Bath Full of Ecstasy.
A little late to the August playlist because I just got back from Panorama NYC at 1:30am yesterday. (Post to come on that later!) Anyways, great new tunes to be heard on August's playlist. Have a listen below.
Here's some highlights:
- Getting some major Neutral Milk Hotel vibes from LVL UP's song, Hidden Driver.
- Wolf Parade announced a new album and tour! Sad news is there are no LA shows as of now.
- I saw !!! at the Echoplex in June and it was honestly one of the best shows I've ever been to... and I go to a lot of shows. For some perspective, I went to 96 shows last year alone (festival bands included). Their song Dancing is the Best Revenge was my favorite song live that night; incredible stage presence. If you get the chance to see them live, DO IT.
- Really loving The War On Drugs new stuff, and I think you will too.
Happy April! I was going to fool you guys with a terrible playlist for April Fool's Day, but I decided against it. So here's a great one filled with new indie tunes!
Here's some highlights from the April Playlist:
- Spoon, Temples, Real Estate, The Shins and Grandaddy all released new albums last month alone! You'll find my favorite songs from each here.
- As you probably heard, Dave Longstreth and Amber Coffman of Dirty Projectors broke up back in 2012, worked together as friends for a while, but ultimately resulted in Coffman leaving the band late last year. Dirty Projectors released a new self-titled album where Longstreth poured his heart out about the break up and other personal issues back in February. You can really feel all the feelings if you listen to "Keep Your Name", where the lyrics "we don't see eye to eye" repeat on a loop in the background.
Coffman just released a single, "No Coffee" (ft. on this playlist) that seems like a ballad of her love for someone, (possibly Longstreth), belting lyrics like, "I haven't been the same since you went away, I have come undone" and "wanna be back in your arms, where I belong". It emits hope and is a very different vibe than the Dirty Projectors new album. It's really interesting listening to the two back to back. You should give it a shot.
- Plus new singles out from !!! (chk chk chk), Little Dragon, Alt-J, The Black Angels and Future Islands.