The July playlist is here! Ft. new tunes from Interpol, Death Cab for Cutie, El Ten Eleven, Lykke Li and more. 🎶 Have a listen below.
Here's the highlights:
- St. Vincent re-worked her track "Slow Disco" and dubbed it "Fast Slow Disco". Pretty self explanatory. Pretty great.
- Interpol has new tunes! A full length is coming out in August. You can catch them at The Hollywood Bowl in October.
- M. Ward released an entire album unannounced at the start of June titled What a Wonderful Industry.
- The Gui Boratto remix of Paul Simon's "That Was Your Mother" has been my go-to running song lately.
As usual: Where is the time going?! How is it NOVEMBER? Slow down, World.
The November Playlist is a little bit all over the place because lately I've been a bit all over the place, too. We just packed up our entire apartment and moved into a new one within the span of about a week. Yikes!
While we're getting settled in, I'll be listening to these tunes on repeat.
Here are some highlights from the November Playlist:
- Beck's new album Colors came out last month and I finally got to see him live! It was everything I could've hoped for and more.
- Django Django has a new single!
- I discovered Cousin Tony's Brand New Firebird on the Double J Best New Music playlist on Spotify. Those Aussie's give good tips for tunes! Oh and that band name gets 100 cool points.
Boo! The October Playlist is here!
Here are some highlights:
- Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile are making music together! Their new album is called Lotta Sea Lice and it's out the 13th of this month! They just released this video for the song Continental Breakfast; it's basically them hanging out with friends and family and it's really just the sweetest.
- Morrissey has a new song, Spent the Day in Bed, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet... but I'm excited to hear more from him.
- An out of the blue album release is rare, but Deer Tick one-upped us and released 2 albums out of nowhere in mid-September. If you're an alt-country-type, they have a show at the Teragram on November 11.
- If you like Angel Olsen, you'll probably like Lomelda. Everyone needs some mellow angelic singing in their lives, and this song happens to be perfect for driving.
- Okay so this has nothing to do with this month's playlist, but Wolf Parade's new album Cry Cry Cry comes out October 6, but you can stream it now on NPR!
PS: This Halloween, (okay technically October 28), you can find me at the KCRW Masquerade Ball. There's going to be music by The Black Madonna, Matthew Dear, Tensnake, Moon Boots and more! See you there?