The September playlist is here! Ft. new tunes from Cat Power, Kurt Vile, White Denim, Big Red Machine and more. 🎶 Have a listen below.
Here's the highlights:
- The new Big Red Machine and Wild Nothing albums arrived on Friday!
- AND the new Interpol and White Denim albums arrived a week ago! Yay, new music.
- Kurt Vile is back with a new single, "Loading Zones".
- And so is Cat Power! With a tune titled "Woman".
It's my birthday month! I'm currently headed to Hicksville in Idyllwild to stay in a Twin Peaks, "Great Northern" themed motel room. More on that later. For now, some tunes!
Here's some highlights from the September playlist:
- LCD Soundsystem's new album is out TODAY! I'm seeing them at The Palladium in November!
- There's a collab in the works with Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile. Their album is set to release this fall.
- I went to my first show at the Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever Cemetery last week with El Ten Eleven ft. Emile Mosseri, with Korey Dane. I’ve been wanting to see a concert in the cemetery for a while and this line-up just really clicked. Mellow tunes and instrumentals in a beautiful, intimate space. El Ten Eleven is typically an instrumental band, but have collaborated with Emile Mosseri on their new EP, "Unusable Love". They pair so well together. At one point during the show someone in the crowd yelled, "Make more music together!", and the band smiled. Korey Dane, is kind of an up and comer with his folksy, indie rock. I discovered his music after I heard a few of his songs on KCRW lately, and by chance he opened the show. Solid set done by all.
- The first time I listened to Cupid by The Big Moon, I mistook the singer for Alex Turner of The Arctic Monkeys. Listening further I realized it was a female's voice, who just really sounds like him, and I'm super into it.
Hello September and hello jet lag! A bit late on this post as I just got back from Wales/Manchester late Thursday night. Yesterday consisted of immense amounts of laundry and sleep. Today consists of catching up on creativity and posts! Hooray!
The September Playlist is overflowing with new music. Here's some of my favorites:
- Bon Iver has three new songs out. They all bring to mind the collab he did with James Blake and I'm diggin' it.
- Jack White unveiled an unreleased White Stripes song, City Lights as an intro to an acoustic album of recordings from 1998-2016. Be still my heart.
- Grown Up Calls is a new single by Toro y Moi and is super relevant to me at the moment. Yay for adulting!
Have a listen to the full playlist below.
This month is going to be chock-full of good things. My birthday is in 4 days (Sept. 5), Labor Day weekend = long weekend, and I'm taking a mini-vacation to Hearst Castle with Jackson for our 5 year anniversary. WHAT. I'm so ready for you, September!
I've been going through a phase of British rock / psychedelic music which now that I'm thinking about it is a pretty strange combo.