Summer nights (and days) are really amazing. The sun might be hot in the daytime, but it's always worth it when you can kick back and relax in the warm summer nights.
PS: "kick back" reminds me... We heard the song "Can I Kick It?" on Thursday, Friday, AND Saturday while we were out.
- Ate at Border Grill downtown
- Accidentally showed up 2 hours early at the Bootleg thanks to the wrong set time in an email (8:30 is the same as 10:30, right?)
- Ubered over to Mohawk Bend for drinks and photo-booth-ing
- Walked across the street to Bar Bandini to kill some more time
- Headed to the Bootleg for real this time to see Kyle Craft, which was the BEST $9 show of my life
- Let's just say Saturday morning was a bit of a struggle, which consisted of watching A LOT of Game of Thrones... with the blinds shut and all of the lights off
- Late afternoon, we went over to the Annenberg for the KCRW Sound in Focus concert with Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- Got a Dogtown Dog and some "ice cream of the future" from food trucks
- Edward Sharpe wasn't super sharp that night and we went home before he even played it
June is going to be a month filled with music! Or at least the first week is... I'm seeing Digitalism Friday night at the El Rey, then flying to Houston Saturday morning for Free Press Summer Fest, and the following Thursday seeing Islands. Trying to contain my excitement!
Here's some highlights from the June Playlist:
- I've probably listened to KAYTRANADA'S new album 99.9% at least 99.9 times.
- James Blake released a new full length titled, "The Colour in Anything", AND there's a song with Bon Iver. Swoon.
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra dropped a new single, "First World Problem". They also announced they'll be doing a free show at the Santa Monica Pier on September 1! (Do me a favor and go for me since I'll be in Wales at a festival [talk about a first world problem, right?])
- Flume and Beck got together and made a song.