Summer nights (and days) are really amazing. The sun might be hot in the daytime, but it's always worth it when you can kick back and relax in the warm summer nights.
PS: "kick back" reminds me... We heard the song "Can I Kick It?" on Thursday, Friday, AND Saturday while we were out.
- Ate at Border Grill downtown
- Accidentally showed up 2 hours early at the Bootleg thanks to the wrong set time in an email (8:30 is the same as 10:30, right?)
- Ubered over to Mohawk Bend for drinks and photo-booth-ing
- Walked across the street to Bar Bandini to kill some more time
- Headed to the Bootleg for real this time to see Kyle Craft, which was the BEST $9 show of my life
- Let's just say Saturday morning was a bit of a struggle, which consisted of watching A LOT of Game of Thrones... with the blinds shut and all of the lights off
- Late afternoon, we went over to the Annenberg for the KCRW Sound in Focus concert with Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- Got a Dogtown Dog and some "ice cream of the future" from food trucks
- Edward Sharpe wasn't super sharp that night and we went home before he even played it
This past weekend I got to hang out with some of my favorite people, which is pretty cool because we're very rarely in the same place at the same time. We found a photobooth and kind of sort of went a bit overboard on photos.
When I look at these photos, I can't help but play this Jamie xx song in my head.
I also finally made it out to The Broad; we waited in the standby line to get in, which wasn't too bad but I'd recommend going prepared with tickets.
Here's me standing in front of an Ellsworth Kelly (RIP).
OC Fair /
Last night, Jackson and I went to the OC Fair. Just in the nick of time actually because it already ends next weekend!
We drank beer, played games, won a donut, tried fried coffee (yes that exists; apparently they can fry anything), and took our annual OC Fair photobooth photo. 🍊
Oh and he also made me go on the ferris wheel. Which I'm terrified of by the way. Something about being up so high, in a swinging box, 130 feet in the air, on a ride that can be folded up and transported somewhere else just doesn't sit right with me.
Oddly enough, I'm fine with those swinging rides that pick you up in the air and go round and round in circles. I guess I'd be more comfortable flying to my death than plummeting is all.