The October playlist is here! Ft. new tunes from Carl Broemel, Jungle, Guster, BADBADNOTGOOD and more. 🎶 Have a listen below.
Here's the highlights:
Carl Broemel of My Morning Jacket has a new solo album titled Wished Out.
“Pray” is my most listened to song off of the new Jungle album.
Richard Swift’s final album arrived <3
Getting some major Hot Chip vibes from the new Teleman Song “Twisted Heart”.
Boo! The October Playlist is here!
Here are some highlights:
- Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile are making music together! Their new album is called Lotta Sea Lice and it's out the 13th of this month! They just released this video for the song Continental Breakfast; it's basically them hanging out with friends and family and it's really just the sweetest.
- Morrissey has a new song, Spent the Day in Bed, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet... but I'm excited to hear more from him.
- An out of the blue album release is rare, but Deer Tick one-upped us and released 2 albums out of nowhere in mid-September. If you're an alt-country-type, they have a show at the Teragram on November 11.
- If you like Angel Olsen, you'll probably like Lomelda. Everyone needs some mellow angelic singing in their lives, and this song happens to be perfect for driving.
- Okay so this has nothing to do with this month's playlist, but Wolf Parade's new album Cry Cry Cry comes out October 6, but you can stream it now on NPR!
PS: This Halloween, (okay technically October 28), you can find me at the KCRW Masquerade Ball. There's going to be music by The Black Madonna, Matthew Dear, Tensnake, Moon Boots and more! See you there?
Recycling this image from last October because one I'm sick and pencils are heavy and two I think it's a pretty rad drawing.
Oddly enough, I don't have any concerts queued up this month. Maybe that'll give me more time to figure out my costume for Halloween!
Here's some highlights from the October playlist:
- I've listened to Jim James's new song "Same Old Lie" probably 20 times. It's a really important song at the moment in this era of gun violence, this shit-show of an election and people actually showing up to vote.
- Discover Weekly on Spotify has been doing me some favors lately; recently I discovered Rose Windows, Helvetia, and Wooden Shjips through that playlist.
- Speaking of Spotify, I was browsing my "recommended" section the other day and came across a band called Psychedelic Porn Crumpets. I immediately clicked through to them because, hey who wouldn't click on a name like that?! Psych-rock from Perth is something I needed in my life.
Hey, October! I almost didn't see you there lurking in the shadows.
Things are looking pretty swell for my October agenda.
I'm going to this rad, lady-graphic-designer-get-together next week called Designer VACA. It's at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs, and it's basically going to be amazing. Did I mention Jessica Hische is going? BRB actually dying from happiness RN. I'm so excited to be surrounded by like minded, creative thinking people. And to get crazy insane amounts of inspired. SO READY.
Also this month, I'm running a 10k, and seeing a FREE show for My Morning Jacket, Dr. Dog and Fruit Bats. (What a great lineup!)
Oh yeah and Halloween. That's here too, isn't it? And just like you (probably), I have no idea what I'm going as.
This month in music:
The Arcs released their first full length, Kurt Vile's new album "b'lieve i'm goin down..." dropped, and speaking of drops: Fat Freddy's Drop came back on the radar with a brand new single.
There's a really great variety in the October Playlist; have yourself a listen!