The November playlist is here! Ft. new tunes from Toro y Moi, Steve Gunn, Beirut, Little Dragon and more. 🎶Have a listen below.
Here's the highlights:
Toro y Moi dropped a new single and announced a new album Outer Peace set for a January release.
Cat power is finally back!”
“Mono” by Zero 7 is on my heavy rotation right now.
Beirut is back with new tunes!
As usual: Where is the time going?! How is it NOVEMBER? Slow down, World.
The November Playlist is a little bit all over the place because lately I've been a bit all over the place, too. We just packed up our entire apartment and moved into a new one within the span of about a week. Yikes!
While we're getting settled in, I'll be listening to these tunes on repeat.
Here are some highlights from the November Playlist:
- Beck's new album Colors came out last month and I finally got to see him live! It was everything I could've hoped for and more.
- Django Django has a new single!
- I discovered Cousin Tony's Brand New Firebird on the Double J Best New Music playlist on Spotify. Those Aussie's give good tips for tunes! Oh and that band name gets 100 cool points.
Did you know November is National Pomegranate Month? Neither did I. Did you also know the November playlist is ready for a listen? (You probably knew I was gearing up to that).
Here's some highlights:
- The Shins just released a new single called "Dead Alive". You can watch the video here ft. James Mercer falling asleep watching TV and dreaming. So many miniatures!
- "World Inside" by Nightmares on Wax is a good, poppy electro background track.
- Palehound is like a female Mac DeMarco and I dig it.
What's up, November?!
I already am expecting big things from you... I'm seeing Sylvan Esso, Of Montreal and Foals this month. Two out of the three being part of Red Bull Sound Select's 30 Days in LA. Where there's a new show at a different venue every night for the month of November. Rad, huh?
I discovered some great new music in October. One instance in particular: The song, "I Suppose I Should Say 'Thanks' Or Some Shit", by Gold Panda came on my Spotify radio when I was running my 10k last weekend and it made me feel weightless and relaxed me beyond belief. It was such a good feeling to have no thoughts going through my mind, listening to this jam and running with hundreds of people around me... but picture it like in a movie where the main character is in motion and everyone else around is in slo-mo. (By the way, I got an hour and fifteen minutes on my 10k, which I'm pretty proud of.)
Hot Chip did a great remix of a recent New Order song, Tutti Frutti, and Yacht dropped a new album. I was in need of some new music to dance to. I can always count on those guys (and gals) to pump out some great tunes.
Have a listen below to this mellow, dreamy, dancy playlist.