The June playlist is here! Ft. new tunes from !!! (Chk Chk Chk), Fujiya & Miyagi, Yeasayer, Albert Hammond Jr. and more. 🎶Have a listen below.
Here's the highlights:
!!! (Chk Chk Chk) surprised us this week with two new dance-worthy jams. “Off The Grid” has an interesting first 20 seconds, but stick with it!
The lyrics to the song “More to Life” by Albert Hammond Jr. are realllly resonating with me right now. "So tonight free yourself, let the music make you someone else. There's more to life than 9 to 5, when your world's a party every night." Yes to more dancing and letting go of work worries!
Sleater-Kinney dropped a new song this week produced by Annie Clark of St. Vincent, but you probably could’ve guessed that from the opening vocals.
Fruit Bats have a new album out June 21 titled Gold Past Life. They’re playing the Lodge Room in Highland Park on the 22! See you there?
I don't like to think June gloom is a thing. I want rainbows all day every day! June is also Pride Month, so I thought rainbows would be extra appropriate.
Have a listen to the June Playlist below if you want to find out what rainbows sound like.
- New tunes from Courtney Barnett, Fleet Foxes, Grizzly Bear AND Washed Out!
- The National is playing with Local Natives and Daughter at The Hollywood Bowl on October 11! I'm OBSESSED with their new track.
- Check out this Shins cover of The Smiths', "Panic". I didn't know I needed this in my life...
- "Planetarium" is a new collab between Sufjan Stevens, Nico Muhly, The National's Bryce Dessner and James McAlister that has a space rock sound that's out of this world. Their full length comes out on June 9. In the meantime you should watch this video for their song "Saturn", and get tickets to their show on July 20 at The Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
June is going to be a month filled with music! Or at least the first week is... I'm seeing Digitalism Friday night at the El Rey, then flying to Houston Saturday morning for Free Press Summer Fest, and the following Thursday seeing Islands. Trying to contain my excitement!
Here's some highlights from the June Playlist:
- I've probably listened to KAYTRANADA'S new album 99.9% at least 99.9 times.
- James Blake released a new full length titled, "The Colour in Anything", AND there's a song with Bon Iver. Swoon.
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra dropped a new single, "First World Problem". They also announced they'll be doing a free show at the Santa Monica Pier on September 1! (Do me a favor and go for me since I'll be in Wales at a festival [talk about a first world problem, right?])
- Flume and Beck got together and made a song.