Boo! The October Playlist is here!
Here are some highlights:
- Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile are making music together! Their new album is called Lotta Sea Lice and it's out the 13th of this month! They just released this video for the song Continental Breakfast; it's basically them hanging out with friends and family and it's really just the sweetest.
- Morrissey has a new song, Spent the Day in Bed, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet... but I'm excited to hear more from him.
- An out of the blue album release is rare, but Deer Tick one-upped us and released 2 albums out of nowhere in mid-September. If you're an alt-country-type, they have a show at the Teragram on November 11.
- If you like Angel Olsen, you'll probably like Lomelda. Everyone needs some mellow angelic singing in their lives, and this song happens to be perfect for driving.
- Okay so this has nothing to do with this month's playlist, but Wolf Parade's new album Cry Cry Cry comes out October 6, but you can stream it now on NPR!
PS: This Halloween, (okay technically October 28), you can find me at the KCRW Masquerade Ball. There's going to be music by The Black Madonna, Matthew Dear, Tensnake, Moon Boots and more! See you there?
Happy March! Apparently, March is National Noodle Month? I just sort of ran with that because I thought noodle type would be super fun... and it is. Time to pack in all that pasta before swimsuit season hits! *You can listen to this playlist with or without noodles.
Here's some highlights from this month's playlist (which you can listen to below):
- There's a band named Steve Buscemi's Dreamy Eyes, and I think they win for best band name ever.
- Spoon released another single. I'm seeing them next Monday at The Observatory in Santa Ana; that's a week before their new album comes out so I'm crossing my fingers for a sneak peek!
- Some new music surprises as of late have been Little Dragon and Sylvan Esso. It's like their new songs appeared out of thin air.