A little late to the August playlist because I just got back from Panorama NYC at 1:30am yesterday. (Post to come on that later!) Anyways, great new tunes to be heard on August's playlist. Have a listen below.
Here's some highlights:
- Getting some major Neutral Milk Hotel vibes from LVL UP's song, Hidden Driver.
- Wolf Parade announced a new album and tour! Sad news is there are no LA shows as of now.
- I saw !!! at the Echoplex in June and it was honestly one of the best shows I've ever been to... and I go to a lot of shows. For some perspective, I went to 96 shows last year alone (festival bands included). Their song Dancing is the Best Revenge was my favorite song live that night; incredible stage presence. If you get the chance to see them live, DO IT.
- Really loving The War On Drugs new stuff, and I think you will too.
I'm a little late to this August playlist game because I'm still mentally and physically re-cooperating from HARD Summer last weekend. (And still washing glitter and confetti out of my hair - post to come).
Well, the August playlist is the COMPLETE opposite music style you'd find at HARD. I'd describe it as indie-groove? Here's some highlights:
- James Petralli of White Denim is in another band called Bop English, and they're awesome.
- A ton of bands on this playlist are going to be at Festival No. 6 in Wales, and it's making me SO excited for end of August / early September.
- Father John Misty has a new song! Stoked to hear it live at FYF.
- My groove of the summer is definitely Feel Like I Do by Disclosure ft. Al Green.