The July playlist is here! Ft. new tunes from Interpol, Death Cab for Cutie, El Ten Eleven, Lykke Li and more. 🎶 Have a listen below.
Here's the highlights:
- St. Vincent re-worked her track "Slow Disco" and dubbed it "Fast Slow Disco". Pretty self explanatory. Pretty great.
- Interpol has new tunes! A full length is coming out in August. You can catch them at The Hollywood Bowl in October.
- M. Ward released an entire album unannounced at the start of June titled What a Wonderful Industry.
- The Gui Boratto remix of Paul Simon's "That Was Your Mother" has been my go-to running song lately.
It's my birthday month! I'm currently headed to Hicksville in Idyllwild to stay in a Twin Peaks, "Great Northern" themed motel room. More on that later. For now, some tunes!
Here's some highlights from the September playlist:
- LCD Soundsystem's new album is out TODAY! I'm seeing them at The Palladium in November!
- There's a collab in the works with Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile. Their album is set to release this fall.
- I went to my first show at the Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever Cemetery last week with El Ten Eleven ft. Emile Mosseri, with Korey Dane. I’ve been wanting to see a concert in the cemetery for a while and this line-up just really clicked. Mellow tunes and instrumentals in a beautiful, intimate space. El Ten Eleven is typically an instrumental band, but have collaborated with Emile Mosseri on their new EP, "Unusable Love". They pair so well together. At one point during the show someone in the crowd yelled, "Make more music together!", and the band smiled. Korey Dane, is kind of an up and comer with his folksy, indie rock. I discovered his music after I heard a few of his songs on KCRW lately, and by chance he opened the show. Solid set done by all.
- The first time I listened to Cupid by The Big Moon, I mistook the singer for Alex Turner of The Arctic Monkeys. Listening further I realized it was a female's voice, who just really sounds like him, and I'm super into it.
A little late to the August playlist because I just got back from Panorama NYC at 1:30am yesterday. (Post to come on that later!) Anyways, great new tunes to be heard on August's playlist. Have a listen below.
Here's some highlights:
- Getting some major Neutral Milk Hotel vibes from LVL UP's song, Hidden Driver.
- Wolf Parade announced a new album and tour! Sad news is there are no LA shows as of now.
- I saw !!! at the Echoplex in June and it was honestly one of the best shows I've ever been to... and I go to a lot of shows. For some perspective, I went to 96 shows last year alone (festival bands included). Their song Dancing is the Best Revenge was my favorite song live that night; incredible stage presence. If you get the chance to see them live, DO IT.
- Really loving The War On Drugs new stuff, and I think you will too.