The December playlist is here! Ft. new tunes from the Arctic Monkeys, Dan Mangan, Cut Copy, Cherry Glazerr and more. 🎶Have a listen below.
Here's the highlights:
Arctic Monkeys dropped a previously unreleased song from their latest album Tranquility Base Hotel and Casino
Cut Copy also surprised us with a song they’ve been keeping under their belt(s), “Ocean Blue”
It’s December! So there’s naturally at least one holiday-ish-themed song on the December Playlist: “Winter of ‘98” by Cayucas. Who knew a music video set in a car wash could look so dreamy.
I can’t get enough of Emily King’s voice. Luckily she has a new album releasing early 2019!
I can't believe it's almost 2018! Here are some mellow indie/alternative tunes you can relax with while you enjoy the rest of the year. Think of them as my Christmas present to you.
Here are some highlights from the December Playlist:
- There's loads of great new Aussie tunes on this playlist from Househats, Django Django, Alexander Biggs and more!
- "Getting It On" is a mellow, indie pop song from SALES. Listen closely for an especially great moment at 1:10 in the song.
- I love Love LOVE Dan Auerbach's solo stuff. He's gotten a little bit pop-pier from his initial raw-ness of "Keep it Hid" in 2009, but man... his voice never fails.
Despite the candy cane type, this playlist isn't related to Christmas at all. But it does feature a ton of new indie tunes, which are sort of like presents.
- Bonobo announced a new album titled "Migration", set to release on January 13. Naturally I checked out their tour dates and there were no LA shows. However, there was one at Red Rocks in Colorado so I guess it's going to be a weekend trip! Stoked.
- Stop Me is Chet Faker's first single out under his new (and real) name, Nick Murphy.
- Childish Gambino came out with a few singles gearing up for a full length and he's exploring such different sounds. Getting a real soulful Leon Bridges vibe from it.
- Kick Jump Twist by Sylvan Esso will make you want to do just that. Get ready to dance out of your chair.
If December were a beer. It would be a chocolate stout called Decembeer. 🍻And it would be amazing. No stout about it.