A little late to the August playlist because I just got back from Panorama NYC at 1:30am yesterday. (Post to come on that later!) Anyways, great new tunes to be heard on August's playlist. Have a listen below.
Here's some highlights:
- Getting some major Neutral Milk Hotel vibes from LVL UP's song, Hidden Driver.
- Wolf Parade announced a new album and tour! Sad news is there are no LA shows as of now.
- I saw !!! at the Echoplex in June and it was honestly one of the best shows I've ever been to... and I go to a lot of shows. For some perspective, I went to 96 shows last year alone (festival bands included). Their song Dancing is the Best Revenge was my favorite song live that night; incredible stage presence. If you get the chance to see them live, DO IT.
- Really loving The War On Drugs new stuff, and I think you will too.
I'm a little late to this August playlist game because I'm still mentally and physically re-cooperating from HARD Summer last weekend. (And still washing glitter and confetti out of my hair - post to come).
Well, the August playlist is the COMPLETE opposite music style you'd find at HARD. I'd describe it as indie-groove? Here's some highlights:
- James Petralli of White Denim is in another band called Bop English, and they're awesome.
- A ton of bands on this playlist are going to be at Festival No. 6 in Wales, and it's making me SO excited for end of August / early September.
- Father John Misty has a new song! Stoked to hear it live at FYF.
- My groove of the summer is definitely Feel Like I Do by Disclosure ft. Al Green.
Well hey there, August! You sure didn't give July a lot of time in the limelight now did you?
I was able to squeeze in a good amount of shows this past month. To name a few, I saw:
- Real Estate x Hippo Campus
- TV on the Radio
- John Mellencamp (odd one out)
- Baths x OOFJ x Wrestlers
That's at least a show a week. Which is pretty solid. Plus 3 of them were free, and one of them was only $3! LA has some pretty awesome concert deals come summertime. Thursday nights, Santa Monica puts on the Summer Twilight Concert Series on the pier which is really awesome. Red Bull Sound Select curates shows with usually 3 bands and they have an RSVP for entry which gets you a $3 show. That's $1 per band. Sweet. And KCRW always has great things happening no matter what. Check 'em out.
This month's playlist is a bit more mellow, and pretty laid back compared to last month. I've been swamped at work and I think I just needed to chill a little bit; which is reflected in what I listen to. So there you have it.