The April playlist is here! Ft. new tunes from Nick Murphy, Peggy Gou, Tame Impala, Interpol and more. 🎶Have a listen below.
Here's the highlights:
Interpol is back with new music and announced an EP dropping May 17.
It’s been radio silence on new material since C Duncan’s 2016 album release, so he’d kind of fallen off of my radar until last Friday when I was happily surprised by a new album, Health! Brings me back to seeing him and his little Irish accent in Wales.
Lux Prima, the collaborative album between Karen O and Danger Mouse, released mid March and it’s been on my heavy rotation since.
Pond has a new full length album AND Tame Impala has a new single! So much love for these Aussies.
Beck and Cage the Elephant teamed up on a new song “Night Running” gearing up for their tour together this summer.
The April playlist is here! ☔️Ft. new tunes from Little Dragon, Parquet Courts, Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, HalfNoise and more. 🎶Have a listen below.
Here's the highlights:
- Can't stop listening to "Know the Feeling" by HalfNoise. It's so addictive with its warm, poppy beats.
- I stumbled upon this lo-fi house DJ named Ross From Friends on Spotify the other day. Obviously I started listening just because of that name. AMAZING. Turns out "Talk to me You'll Understand" is a super chill dancy track that's great for zoning out to.
- NPR classifies Superorganism as "Kitchen-Sink Rock". They're an enthusiastically poppy supergroup composed of 8 members, and the frontrunner, Orono, is only 17! "Night Time" is one of my favorite tracks off of their new self titled album.
- Interpol recently released a few new bonus tracks from El Pintor. Great news because I honestly can't ever get enough of Paul Banks's brooding vocals featured heavily on "The Depths".
Happy April! I was going to fool you guys with a terrible playlist for April Fool's Day, but I decided against it. So here's a great one filled with new indie tunes!
Here's some highlights from the April Playlist:
- Spoon, Temples, Real Estate, The Shins and Grandaddy all released new albums last month alone! You'll find my favorite songs from each here.
- As you probably heard, Dave Longstreth and Amber Coffman of Dirty Projectors broke up back in 2012, worked together as friends for a while, but ultimately resulted in Coffman leaving the band late last year. Dirty Projectors released a new self-titled album where Longstreth poured his heart out about the break up and other personal issues back in February. You can really feel all the feelings if you listen to "Keep Your Name", where the lyrics "we don't see eye to eye" repeat on a loop in the background.
Coffman just released a single, "No Coffee" (ft. on this playlist) that seems like a ballad of her love for someone, (possibly Longstreth), belting lyrics like, "I haven't been the same since you went away, I have come undone" and "wanna be back in your arms, where I belong". It emits hope and is a very different vibe than the Dirty Projectors new album. It's really interesting listening to the two back to back. You should give it a shot.
- Plus new singles out from !!! (chk chk chk), Little Dragon, Alt-J, The Black Angels and Future Islands.
Spring is officially here, and along with it are some beautiful blooms. Walking through my neighborhood one day, I saw a massive amount of floral walls and just had to take some photo opportunities with them. It was also a good excuse to mess around with some new VSCO filters I got for Lightroom.
Yeah, yeah that wood backdrop isn't floral... but still a pretty rad photo spot right?
Yes, I color coordinated the peach with my blue hair because I knew that color combo would basically be the best thing ever; and that's been proven right by the massive amount of compliments I've received on it.
It's probably the best quality hat I've ever owned. Super sturdy, perfect color / texture, and all around awesome. If you're a hat person, I'd highly suggest checking them out.
April showers are said to bring May flowers. Here's a playlist you can listen to come rain or shine.
Here's some highlights: