Summer nights (and days) are really amazing. The sun might be hot in the daytime, but it's always worth it when you can kick back and relax in the warm summer nights.
PS: "kick back" reminds me... We heard the song "Can I Kick It?" on Thursday, Friday, AND Saturday while we were out.
- Ate at Border Grill downtown
- Accidentally showed up 2 hours early at the Bootleg thanks to the wrong set time in an email (8:30 is the same as 10:30, right?)
- Ubered over to Mohawk Bend for drinks and photo-booth-ing
- Walked across the street to Bar Bandini to kill some more time
- Headed to the Bootleg for real this time to see Kyle Craft, which was the BEST $9 show of my life
- Let's just say Saturday morning was a bit of a struggle, which consisted of watching A LOT of Game of Thrones... with the blinds shut and all of the lights off
- Late afternoon, we went over to the Annenberg for the KCRW Sound in Focus concert with Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- Got a Dogtown Dog and some "ice cream of the future" from food trucks
- Edward Sharpe wasn't super sharp that night and we went home before he even played it
This color combo (right) by Yorlmar Campos got me in the mood for some summa summa summatime & some sun sun sunshine. Plus, some pretty sweet icons am I right?! Guess what? They're available for free download here.
I drew up an ampersand with some ink and a twig (left) because I can't get enough of these colors & I want MORE!