Last week, I painted my nails in a cute floral pattern using a bobby pin and nail polish. I got so many compliments and people asking how I did it so I thought, why not do a DIY?!
Here's a super simple polka dot nail tutorial; skip the salon for those fancy "extra design" charges and do it yourself for free!
- 2 contrasting colors of nail polish.
- a pulled apart bobby pin
HOW TO DIY:
- Paint your nails with the base color (double up on this!)
- Let your nails dry.
- Dip the bobby pin into your second color. It doesn't matter what side of the bobby pin you use.
- Press down gently on your nails making a polka dot pattern. Use more polish for bigger dots and less polish for tiny dots.
- Sit back and wait for the dots to dry. You might want to give yourself a few extra minutes on this to prevent smudging.
- Apply topcoat.
- Voila! Now you have super fun patterned nails. High five! (but make sure your polish is dry first)